Oregon Governor Kate Brown and Oregon Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum filed a lawsuit against U.S. President Donald J. Trump and acting U.S. Attorney General Matthew Whitaker asserting that the federal government should not be permitted to force the State of Oregon to cooperate with their federal immigration priorities. The case focuses on the United States Department of Justice’s (U.S. DOJ) attempt to force Oregon to cooperate with federal immigration policies, using the threat of withholding federal law enforcement grants, called Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grants (“Byrne grants”).Read the full article and discuss it »
- Top 10 business agenda items for 2019
- Ruling: Age rules applies to government workers
- Oregonians lost $57,000 to fake jobs
- Lawyer found guilty of money laundering
- Are Nike, Apple, Google getting a tax pass?