May 21, 2018
The Special Session to consider sole proprietorship tax legislation has dominated headlines leading up to May Legislative Days, but Legislators will discuss several other important, ongoing topics during meetings next week.
Updates and special meetings on topics that Oregon Business & Industry is monitoring include:
- Joint Committee on Student Success will meet Wednesday, May 23, at noon. It also will present an update to the Senate Education Committee Tuesday, May 22, at 2:30 p.m.
- Paid Family and Medical Leave Work Group will appear before the Senate Workforce Committee Tuesday, May 22, at 8:30 a.m.
- Office of Economic Analysis will present the spring Revenue Forecast to a joint meeting of the Senate and House Revenue Committees at 8 a.m. Wednesday, May 23.
- Joint Committee on Carbon Reduction will meet Tuesday, May 22, at noon to hear invited testimony on climate change.
- Joint Transportation Committee will hear an update on implementation of the 2017 Transportation Bill Wednesday, May 23, at noon.
- Oregon Health Authority will present updates to the Health Care committees in the House (Monday, May 21, at 2:00 p.m.) and Senate (Wednesday, May 23, at 8:30 a.m.).
All Legislative committees plan to meet during the week. To check meeting agendas and schedules for committees, click here