Howard Schultz, Starbucks Release: I want to acknowledge from the outset some of the difficulty that many of you may be experiencing given the tough operating environment we are facing. But let me assure you that there has been a relentless focus on making the decisions necessary to put us all in a position to win. Unfortunately, some of the decisions will result in not only store closures, which we announced earlier this month, but a restructuring of our organization that will eliminate some positions. Although I, along with the leadership team, made the hard choices to close stores and reduce the number of positions, which will result in loss of jobs, ultimately, I feel that they rest with me. I fully understand the seriousness of these actions and the concerns you may have, but please be assured that we will treat all departing and remaining partners with respect and dignity.Read the full article and discuss it »
- State Economy: Housing slows, worker shortage, good growth.
- Chamber issues national private principles
- Ex-NIKE Exec. gets prison sentence
- Burgerville union workers ‘Abolish ICE’ pins stirs uproar
- Is donating paid time off risky?